Wednesday, April 22, 2009

#8 The Clash - London Calling

Artist: The Clash
Album: London Calling
Best Song: Train in Vain
Worst Song: Kola Kola

Why RS gets it right:
Really knows how to rock out, definitely an impassioned performance. The Clash has alot more depth than I had given them credit for, the title track is probably the only song I had heard on this album beforehand, and I had erroneously concluded that it was all going to sound like that, fortunately The Clash has a lot more depth than that.

Why RS gets it wrong:

I'm not sure what it is about the 80's that made it okay for singers to suck, but this is another album that fits that description, if they had a singer who didn't sound like he was falling down drunk the whole time, it would be a pretty good album. Alot of the songs seem to go on forever for no reason, seems like they never learned how to end a song. The more I listen to this album the less I like it.

Is it Awesome?: No, it's really not that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment